Introduction to the Dreambound Agreement
For qualified applicants, Dreambound offers the Dreambound Agreement to help you in paying for school.
Last updated June 2021.
What is the Dreambound Agreement?
Dreambound believes that there is a huge amount of untapped career potential waiting to be found, trained and hired. We believe we can spot and train the right talent and place individuals in jobs in a new career path.
If you qualify for the Dreambound Agreement, Dreambound will:
- Help you find a great training program;
- Pay your tuition for your training program;
- Provide support services to you along the way to help you complete your training and pass any exams;
- Provide career coaching services to help you interview and polish your resume;
- Help you find a job in your new career.
What do I need to do to be a part of the Dreambound Agreement?
You need to complete an application and be accepted into the program. If you are accepted, you will need to do the following:
- Pay a $75 Program Fee towards our services and sign a Dreambound Agreement;
- Attend the program and complete your training;
- Allow Dreambound to place you with a Dreambound Employer;
- If Dreambound places you with a Dreambound Employer, you agree not to voluntarily leave your employment for at least 6 months.
What information do I need to provide to apply for the Dreambound Agreement?
The application requires some personal information, such as your contact information. If the certification you want to pursue requires a background check, we may also need to verify your identity and perform a background check to ensure you will be an eligible job candidate.
We will ask you for information to make sure that you can be successful in your chosen training program and in a job with a potential employer. For instance, we may ask about your past education and work experience and why you want to get this training. If the certification you want to pursue requires a background check, you will be asked for information to do that. Since these requirements can vary by location and license, we will provide you with more detailed information during the application process.
What can I expect from the application process? How long will it take?
You will be asked to complete an online application. You may also be asked to interview online with Dreambound. If required for your chosen certification, you may also be asked to complete a background check after being conditionally accepted for the Dreambound Agreement. Once we have received your application and we have completed any interview and background check, you should expect to have a final decision from us within 1-2 business days.
After that, we will work on finding a program and training provider for you. Before you start your training program, you will be asked to sign the Dreambound Agreement and pay the $75 Program Fee.
How much does the Dreambound Agreement cost?
If we find a job for you and you stay there for 6 months, your only cost for the Dreambound Agreement will be the $75 Program Fee. You will be asked to pay the Program Fee before you start your Training Program. The Program Fee is nonrefundable after the third day of your training program.
Please be aware that although the Dreambound Agreement covers the tuition for your Training Program, there may be some additional out-of-pocket expenses for textbooks, exam fees, background check, etc. Typically, out-of-pocket expenses range from $150 to $200 depending on the Training Program. Once we identify your Training Provider, you will be able to get the amounts of any out-of-pocket expenses.
Please also be aware that if you don’t take a job offered by a Dreambound Employer or voluntarily leave a job with a Dreambound Employer during the first six months, you will need to buy out your contract. More information is below.
How does Dreambound help me succeed?
Dreambound provides extra support to you during your Training Program to help you succeed by helping you with study and exam preparation skills. Dreambound will also help you study and master skills to pass any exams for your license.
Dreambound also provides career coaching services. We will help you with interview skills and polish your resume.
What if I don’t finish my training program or don’t get my license? Will I have to repay you for my tuition?
If you are accepted for the Dreambound Agreement, Dreambound believes you can complete the training program and get your license and will pay your tuition. So long as you use reasonable efforts to attend your course, to pass any exams and to complete any requirements, you don’t need to pay us back. However, you agree that Dreambound is entitled to any refunds for tuition paid. Accordingly, if you receive any refund for tuition paid to your training program, you agree to immediately deliver the refund to Dreambound.
If I leave my Training Program, will I get my Program Fee back?
If you leave after the third day of the training program, you will not be refunded your $75 Program Fee. If there is any refund for tuition paid by Dreambound, the refund will be paid to Dreambound.
How quickly will you find a job for me?
We aim to find you a job before the end of the Placement Period. The Placement Period ends eight weeks after you become eligible to work in your new field.
How do I know I’ll like the job?
We work hard to find great employers that offer good experiences for entry-level employees with your license. You will have the opportunity to review any offers and decide whether to accept them.
What if you don’t find any jobs for me during the Placement Period?
You’ll have your new qualification and we will still keep working with you to find you a job. Once the Placement Period ends, you won’t need to buy out your contract if you accept a job at another employer (whether you are placed by Dreambound or you find it yourself).
What if I don’t accept any offers during the Placement Period?
You are free to do that, but you will have not fulfilled your obligations to Dreambound and you will need to buy out your contract. This means you are responsible for an amount roughly equal to Dreambound’s lost placement fees. You will know the amount needed to buy out your contract before you sign your Dreambound Agreement and you will be given an estimate during the application process.
What if I find a better job with another employer?
You are free to work for any one you want, but you will have not fulfilled your obligations to Dreambound and you will need to buy out your contract. This means you are responsible for an amount roughly equal to Dreambound’s lost placement fees. You will know the amount needed to buy out your contract before you sign your Dreambound Agreement and you will be given an estimate during the application process. In some cases, other employers may be willing to buy out your contract for you.
What does “buy out your contract” mean?
It’s like a cell phone contract, if you want to switch carriers before the end of your contract, you have to “buy out” the contract. If you don’t fulfill your obligations to Dreambound, you will need to buy out your contract. This means you are responsible for an amount roughly equal to Dreambound’s lost placement fees. You will know the amount needed to buy out your contract before you sign your Dreambound Agreement and you will be given an estimate during the application process.
Dreambound is able to offer its services because Dreambound believes it can find great candidates and match them with great jobs. If you don’t take a job offered to you during the placement period or voluntarily leave your job in the first six months, Dreambound will not receive its placement fees that enable it to offer the Dreambound Agreement. In the Dreambound Agreement, you will agree to pay us the buy out amount if you do either of those things.
How much will it cost to buy out my contract?
The amount to buy out your contract will be an estimate of Dreambound’s placement fees. The amount will vary according to location, license and employer. Typically, placement fees are a percentage of your starting annual income. We will give you an estimate during your application process.
What happens if I don’t have the money to buy out my contract?
If you're having trouble, please contact us at [email protected] so we can find a solution. If you work with us, we will work with you to find a solution.
Otherwise, Dreambound may take legal action to recover our losses from not being able to place you in a job. If Dreambound is successful, you may be asked to pay our legal costs, attorneys’ fees and costs of collection, in addition to the amount to buy out your contract.
What if I don’t stay at the job Dreambound found for me for at least 6 months?
If Dreambound places you in a job, then your Dreambound Agreement may be assigned to your Dreambound Employer. While the Dreambound Agreement requires you to buy out your contract, your employer may decide whether you need to buy out all or part of your contract.
What are the alternatives to the Dreambound Agreement?
There are alternatives to the Dreambound Agreement that may be appropriate for your circumstances:
- If you have the money to pay for a Training Program and don’t want help with finding a job, we’d be happy to connect you with a Training Provider. Some of our Training Providers offer payment plans if you can pay for most, but not all of the tuition and out-of-pocket expenses.
- If you can afford part, but not all, of the tuition for the Training Program, we can connect you with Training Providers who provide payment plans.
- Some employers also offer free training programs, if you are willing to accept a job with them for a certain period of time after you complete your training. If this is interesting to you, we’d be happy to connect you with one of these programs.
- There are nonprofits and government programs that may offer free or discounted tuition for some training programs. Check with your local One-Stop Career Center.
The Dreambound Agreement is intended to help individuals who:
- Want help finding a training program that works with their schedule;
- Can’t afford a training program;
- Want support during their training program and job search; and
- Want to be placed in a job after completing their training.
Cut to the chase -- what’s the up side and what’s the down side of the Dreambound Agreement?
The up side:
- If you let us place you with a Dreambound Employer and don’t voluntarily leave within the first six months, you have the opportunity to get a new qualification and a new job for the $75 Program Fee.
The down side:
- If you leave your Training Program after the third day, you won’t get your $75 Program Fee back or any of your out-of-pocket expenses related to the Training Program that you paid.
- If you finish your Training Program, but Dreambound can’t find you a job, you will have a new qualification for the cost of the $75 Program Fee (plus any of your out-of-pocket expenses related to the Training Program that you paid), but you may have to find your own job.
- During the Placement Period, if you don’t accept a reasonable offer from a Dreambound Employer OR you accept an employment offer from someone else, you will need to pay the buy out amount to Dreambound.
- If you voluntarily leave your employment with a Dreambound Employer during the first six months, you will need to pay the buy out amount to Dreambound.
How can I contact Dreambound?
Email us at [email protected].
Where is Dreambound based?
We're headquartered in San Francisco, California.