Business Development Representative
Execute and iterate on our sales playbook to help us secure deals with schools in new markets.
Dreambound (formerly known as Ladder) creates upward mobility for American job seekers and simplifies hiring for employers. Right now, we're helping job seekers attend 3-14 week classes to become certified nursing assistants (CNAs), financing their tuition and placing them with employers immediately upon completion. For many, Dreambound represents a new lifeline to economic stability and a better chance at a fulfilling career.
We raised a seed round from Union Square Ventures, Collaborative Fund, 8VC, Moxxie, RocNation, and former leaders from Affirm, General Assembly, Twitter, and companies in education & media. We're well-funded and ready to improve upward mobility and the health care labor supply in America.
We're looking for a Business Development Representative who is action-oriented, ambitious, highly effective at communicating, and believes deeply in the work that we are doing. You will execute and iterate on our sales playbook to aggressively expand our national presence, focusing on selling to potential school partners.
Applications for this role are openFill out a short form and tell us why you're interested — we'll reach out to you with next steps if there's mutual fit. A resume is optional.
What you'll do
- Generate and qualify prospects using cold email, cold calling, social selling, and networking.
- Respond to all inbound and outbound stakeholder communications in a quick and efficient manner.
- Drive our cross functional team to execute outbound campaigns that grow top of funnel prospects.
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Iteratively and rigorously streamline our sales process .
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of 12 months of prior experience as an SDR or other sales.
- Results oriented, persistent, and goal driven: you're excited about setting ambitious targets and achieving them with a whatever it takes attitude. You're okay with needing multiple touchpoints to close a deal, and are resourceful in solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Capable of building sincere rapport quickly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to roll up your sleeves and figure things out.
- Fosters and encourage an environment where best practices are developed and adopted to streamline our sales process. Extremely organized.
- Creative and a willingness to experiment to grow top of funnel and generate more qualified leads.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of rejection
- Preferred: experience at an early-stage company or in healthcare
- Preferred: prior experience working deeply with Hubspot or another CRM.
At Dreambound, we’re looking to hire people who are effective problem solvers, think on their feet, are adaptable, and operate with grit, integrity, and a deep commitment to our mission. Please apply even if your experiences don’t exactly match what we’ve written in this job description. We’re committed to helping Americans increase their income with Dreambound. If you’re passionate about equalizing access to opportunity, we want you to apply!
Fair market compensation, enabling you to join a rapidly growing company on the ground floor.
Flexible paid time off
Work-life balance is important. Take the time you need with our flexible policy — we'll even insist at least 5 days off every 6 months.
Health insurance, vision, & dental
Dreambound offers you and your family an individual coverage HRA. This usually leaves little to no individual contribution.
To help you be productive, we provide a one-time $1,000 stipend to purchase equipment & furniture — like monitors or a new desk.
Our mission is in our DNA
Join a team that is both mission and vision-driven. We're building a fast-growing business centered around improving lives.
A diverse and inclusive workplace
Dreambound is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law — including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, under which we will consider all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.