Account Executive, Healthcare Sales
Help us secure deals with nursing homes, retirement communities, and hospitals in new markets.
Dreambound creates upward mobility for American job seekers and simplifies hiring for employers. Right now, we're helping job seekers attend 3-14 week classes to become certified nursing assistants (CNAs), financing their tuition and placing them with employers immediately upon completion. For many, Dreambound represents a new lifeline to economic stability and a better chance at a fulfilling career.
We raised a seed round from Union Square Ventures, Collaborative Fund, 8VC, Moxxie, RocNation, and former leaders from Affirm, General Assembly, Twitter, and companies in education & media. We're well-funded and ready to improve upward mobility and the health care labor supply in America.
We're looking for an early salesperson who can help us secure deals with nursing homes, retirement communities, and hospitals in new markets. This is a complex industry with unique needs; thoughtfulness and the willing to dive in and understand this market are key.
You'll do a combination of cold and warm outreach to pitch Dreambound's hiring product. With empathy and understanding for the challenges that nursing homes and facilities face, you'll share tangible solutions to alleviate their pain points. You'll speak and communicate eloquently and confidently.
This is a commissioned role with an hourly base salary.
Applications for this role are openFill out a short form and tell us why you're interested — we'll reach out to you with next steps if there's mutual fit. A resume is optional.
What you'll do
- Maintain a self-starter attitude to drive new business by prospecting via phone, email, LinkedIn, and other channels.
- Prospect and establish new relationships with company leaders (directors, VPs, C-suite).
- Use creativity to develop and improve how we target and penetrate new market segments.
- Collaborate with the rest of our team by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to the table.
- Attend — safe travel permitting — and evangelize Dreambound's service and mission by representing us at conferences, trade-shows, and networking events.
- Hit or exceed benchmarks by being a top 10% sales executor.
(We will not ask you to travel during the COVID-19 emergency.)
What we're looking for
In addition to the traits listed below, we're looking for someone with the ability to make calls and communicate during business hours across most of the country. This means you should be able to work effectively from home and be located within the continental United States.
- 3+ years of business development or sales experience in the healthcare industry working with skilled nursing facilities and/or hospitals
- Demonstrated ability to source and close deals creatively
- Creativity to develop tactics, campaigns, and strategies for reaching prospects
- Effectiveness at working solo and making outbound calls and emails every day
- Strong communication skills — both written and oral
- Scrappiness, tenacity, and thriftiness
- Passion for Dreambound and its role in improving people’s lives through education and healthcare
- Preferred: Experience using a CRM to track leads
- Preferred: Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or similar prospecting software to track lead progress
- Preferred: Previous experience working in a startup environment
At Dreambound, we want to hire people who are effective problem solvers and rapid thinkers with grit, integrity, and a commitment to our mission. Please apply even if your experiences don't exactly match what we've written in this job description.
A diverse and inclusive workplace
Dreambound is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law — including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, under which we will consider all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.